TEAS V - Test of Essential Academic Skills
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V) is a scholastic aptitude assessment that is used as part of Northeast Community College nursing program selection process. The TEAS V is designed to measure a candidate’s likelihood of success in a college nursing program by measuring achievement in reading, math, science, and English.
The TEAS V consists of 4 sections: reading, mathematics, science, and English a total of 170 questions with a total testing time of 3 hours and 29 minutes. Each section is individually timed.
||# of Questions
|| 58 minutes
|| 48 questions
|| 51 minutes
|| 34 questions
|| 66 minutes
|| 54 questions
|| 34 minutes
|| 34 questions
- Paragraph Comprehension and Passage Comprehension
- Informational Source Comprehension.
- Numbers and Operations
- Algebraic Applications
- Data Interpretations
- Human Bogy Science
- Life Science
- Earth and Physical Science
- Scientific Reasoning
ENGLISH and Language Usage
- Grammar and Word Meanings in Context
- Spelling and Punctuation
The $45.00 TEAS V testing fee is paid to ATI testing by credit or debit card on the day of the test. (You must bring a credit/debit card on the day of the test.)
To schedule a TEAS V testing appointment, please contact the Northeast Community College Testing Center, by telephone, 402-844-7281 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Northeast Community Testing Center located in the College Welcome Center, Room 1252. Please allow four hours for the TEAS V assessment.
TEAS V test can be taken every 30 days by paying the $55.00 fee. Additional transcripts can be sent to another institution for a fee of $27.00.
No calculators are allowed on the math section of the test.
You may take a 10 minute break after you have completed the mathematics section.
Acceptable forms of photo identification include:
- Current student ID
- Current driver’s license
- State approved ID
- Current state of federal ID card
- Current passport of passport card
- Tribal ID card
- Naturalization card
Testing Center Guidelines:
- Schedule an appointment for the exam. (Space is limited)
- Tester Must:
Complete a sign-in sheet.
Present a current photo ID
- All personal items will be securely stored
Cell phones, pagers, any other electronic devices, hats, caps, scarves, coats, watches, and jewelry more than ¼ inch
- May not leave the Testing Center without permission of the Testing Staff once testing has begun.
- Food (including gum) and drink are not permitted in the Testing Center and/or testing rooms unless otherwise permitted.
- Students may not access their personal belongings without permission once testing has begun.
If the student takes break during testing, the students may not access their cell phone or any other electronic devices.
- No children allowed in the Testing Center.
- No visitors are allowed in the Testing Center.
Cost and fees are subject to change without notice.