Health and Wellness
Healthy Hawks is based in the Health and Wellness office at Northeast in the Student Center 212A. Our phone number is (402) 844-7160. You are welcome to stop by or call at any time with questions about the program. There is no minimum time requirement to be part of the club, and we certainly could use all the help we can get! The key to the success of the program is student involvement, so be prepared to be part of a team working towards one common goal: Helping Others through Peer Education!
To develop leadership skills, self-confidence, and to help others through peer education.
- To cultivate fellowship among the students of Northeast Community College.
- To promote volunteerism by conducting special projects that allow Healthy Hawk members to learn through
providing service activities that meet campus and community needs.
- To promote responsible behavior and development of professional attitudes.
- To interest capable men and women, in all areas of study, to develop healthy lifestyles for themselves and impact changes that promote good health to students.
- To increase awareness of unhealthy behaviors that affect health and academic success.
Members of Healthy Hawks put on events regularly to get more information to the students of Northeast Community College. Some of the events that may be focused on are:
- National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness
- Safe Spring Break
- World AIDS Day
- Cancer Awareness Days
- Sexual Assault Awareness
- Smoking Cessation
- National Nutrition Month
The Health and Wellness office will also be conducting a "Healthy Hawk Week" with opportunities to educate peers with a week's worth of health education!
Marketing and Media
The Healthy Hawks group will be educating students through a variety of media resources. These include but are not limited to:
- "The Viewpoint" - Northeast newspaper
- Flyers posted throughout campus
- Brochures and other printed materials
- College T.V. Station
- College Radio Station
- Faculty and Staff email
- "What's Happening" - Weekly flyer
- Faculty and Staff newsletter
- 1-on-1 Communication
- And other creative marketing ideas!
Advisor: Stefanie Mundil, MSE, NSCA-CPT
Phone: (402) 844-7160