Physical Therapist Assistant Application
On behalf of the faculty and staff, I would like to say "Welcome" from the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program at Northeast Community College. Our PTA program prepares students to take the National Physical Therapy Examination. Employers actively seek the graduates from our program to hire in clinics and hospitals across Nebraska.
I appreciate your interest in applying to the program and thank you for choosing Northeast as an avenue to your future career. Physical therapy is a very interactive and rewarding career! You will continually meet new people, learn new technology, and use cutting edge treatment techniques.
Our program is a rigorous Associate of Applied Science degree that will include both didactic and clinical training. Our instructors are outstanding and very involved in student learning. The Northeast PTA program has a well-established relationship and reputation in the state.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact our admissions office, the PTA program administrative assistant, or me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to receipt of your application materials and you joining our next PTA class!
Laura Schwanebeck, MPT
Director of Physical Therapist Assistant Program
Admission to Northeast Community College does not guarantee admission in to the Physical Therapist Assistant program.
This program has a competitive application process and accepts a limited number of students each year.
There is no wait list, so a complete and timely application is important.
Admissions Criteria is used to objectively review all applications. For more information on limited enrollment programs, please contact the admissions office.
- October 1, 2015 – PTA program application deadline
- October 16, 2015 – Transfer students’ mid-term grades due
- October 21, 2015 – Interview notifications will be sent via email
- October 30, 2015 – Interviews
- November 2, 2015 – Acceptance notifications sent via email
- November 16, 2015 – Orientation/registration for accepted applicants
Following are the steps necessary to apply to the PTA program:
- Complete and submit the Northeast Community College Application for Admission. Indicate your program of study as Pre-Professional Physical Therapy-AS. Note: Acceptance to Northeast Community College does not ensure acceptance into the Physical Therapist Assistant program.
- Complete and submit the Physical Therapist Assistant Program Applicant Form.
- Review the Observation/Job Shadow Information. Complete and submit the following:
- HIPAA training and certification
- Observation Form (to be completed by the facilities’ supervisors)
- Observation Essay
- Facilitate the completion of the Letter of Recommendation Forms.
Note: The Waiver section must be completed before providing one to each chosen professional evaluator.
- Print three (3) Letters of Recommendation Forms.
- Only professional (e.g. teachers, coaches or employers) references and evaluators will be considered.
- Complete and submit American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Essay.
- Complete and submit a resume to PTA@northeast.edu. Review the aforementioned Admissions Criteria on what information should be included on resume.
- Submit high school transcript or official GED scores, attention Registrar’s Office.
- Submit official college transcripts (if applicable), attention Registrar’s Office.
All application materials must be received or post-marked by October 1, 2015. You may submit individual materials as you complete them.
Northeast Community College
Attention: PTA Program
801 East Benjamin Avenue
PO Box 469
Norfolk, NE 68702-0469
Questions about the application process may be emailed to PTA@northeast.edu or you may call the Health and Wellness Executive Assistant, Dawn Doherty, at 402.844.7325.
The Northeast Community College Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Northeast Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: www.capteonline.org.