Proctoring Exams for Other Institutions
Thank you for your interest in using Northeast Community College’s Testing Center to have your exam proctored. The Testing Center staff is pleased to serve you and help you achieve your academic goals.
Photo identification is required for all testing at this facility.
Acceptable forms of photo identification include:
- A valid government-issued driver’s license
- Federal, state, or country identification card
- Passport, passport card, alien registration card
- Current issued school photo ID
There is a proctoring fee of $25.00 per hour to have your exam administered in the Testing Center. All fees are due at time of testing. Cash, checks, money orders, credit or debit cards are accepted (Checks and money orders, make payable to Northeast Community College.)
Here is a basic guide to help schedule an exam at Northeast:
- Call the Testing Center at 402-844-7281; email Kathy Schwartzer or the Testing Center; fax at 402-844-7411; or mail to Northeast Community College 801 East Benjamin Avenue PO Box 469 Norfolk, NE 68702-0469 to schedule a date, time, and let us know about the exam you will be taking (i.e., who will be sending it, the test format, etc.)
- Contact the professor, institution, or organization responsible for the exam and let them know you wish to schedule your exam at Northeast.
- Request a Proctor Agreement from the originating college institution.
- Have the Testing Center staff complete the proctor’s agreement.
- The information your professor, institution, or organization will need to provide:
Testing Center Guidelines
- Your name
- Name of institution
- Professor’s name
- Course name and number
- Exam format
- Specific dates for exam administration
- Length of exam
- Means by which the exam will be returned to them
- Materials allowed for exam completion (i.e., open book, open note, scratch paper, calculator, scantron, etc.)
- Any other pertinent information for exam administration.
- Schedule an appointment for the exam. (Space is limited)
- All exams must be completed in one sitting.
- Tester Must:
- Complete a sign-in sheet.
- Present a current photo ID
- Know the name of the institution, the instructor, and the course.
- All personal items will be securely stored.
- All cell phones, pagers, and any other electric devices will be turned off and stored.
- All hats, caps, and coats will be removed and stored.
- All watches need to be removed.
- May not leave the Testing Center without permission of the Testing Staff once testing has begun.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Testing Center.
- No children allowed in the testing center.