Rules of 3 on 3 Basketball
- There will be three players per team on the court each game. A fourth
player may be available for substitution, but is only available to one team.
- The first team to 21 by a two point lead wins with a maximum of 20 minutes
to play. If there is a tie at the end of the 20 minutes, there will be three
*Points: inside the "3" = one point
** Outside the "3" = two points
- The clock will run non-stop until 1:00 minute remaining.
- Fouls: Shoot for fouls = 2 points, miss = live ball.
- It is the captains’ responsibility to make sure that the rest of the team
knows the rules.
- Games will start as scheduled. It will be a forfeit if your team is not present at its scheduled time.
- Every player must show his/her current Northeast student ID before every
game in order to play. Anyone without an ID will NOT play.
- Referee will have the final call and give out only one warning for rough
play. Ejection will occur after that.
- You can only be on one team. If you are caught playing on two teams, both
(your original team and the team that picked you up) will forfeit their last
Games will be played on Monday or Tuesday.
How to Sign Up
Signing up is easy. If you already have a team, then fill out the roster form and submit it to the Activities Office in the Student Center, room 212A. If you don't have a team but would like to sign up as a "free agent", then fill out our free agent application.