by marylouise 5/9/2009 3:00:29 PM --
By now, you probably know that your library ladies do not keep the library open all night
long. Just as you, they need their beauty sleep (although some have suggested that it
seems to work better for you students than those of us who have accumulated a few more
years of invaluable experience).
Yet, even when the library ladies are not at their desks, they spend their evenings devising new schemes to make your library life more exciting and convenient. After all, they live only to help you read whether for fun or profit (also known as "homework").
So what have they created for the "midnight bookie", the person who just has to have a book after midnight? Your Northeast College Library has just the thing. It is called NetLibrary and it is a collection of more than 25,000 electronic books. Because NetLibrary is a subscription service, you will need to register with a username and a password that you can create while using a computer anywhere on campus. After that you can search for books on just about any topic from any computer at any time of the day or night. The books will be displayed in a PDF format which means they'll look just like a colored photocopy.
Follow these easy steps to set up your Free Account.
- Click on "Library Services" at the college website (www.northeastcollege.com).
- Click on the "Library Catalogs" button and look for the "Net Library" link.
- Click on "Net Library" then look for the link in the upper right hand corner labeled "Create a Free Account."
- Fill in all the required information including your very own secret username and password.
- Commit the user name and password to memory or just write it down where you can keep track of it.
- Now you can search for and read any of the 25,000 electronic books in the Northeast collection.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to your friendly local library lady.
Your Library Don't do college without it.