The following scholarships are for Northeast Community College students completing their sophomore year and planning to transfer to a four-year institution. Applications are located in the brochure kiosk outside the Financial Aid Office in the College Welcome Center unless otherwise noted. Scholarship listings are subject to change.
Davis-Chambers Scholarship for sophomore transfer students only
- Must be a graduate of an accredited high school located in the State of Nebraska
- Must be planning to enroll as a full-time undergraduate student at Chadron, Peru or Wayne State College in the fall of 2013
- Must have a 3.0 GPA
- Must be a resident of Nebraska
- Must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Must include a letter of recommendation from a community college professor or official
Applications can be downloaded at www.nscs.edu
DEADLINE: Please check the above website for deadline.
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation for sophomore transfer students only
- Be a current student at an accredited US community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by December 31, 2012, or a recent graduate (since spring 2008).
- Plan to enroll full-time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2013.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of 3.50 or better on a scale of 4.0 (or the equivalent).
- Be nominated by the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Faculty Representative at his or her two-year institution.
- Have significant unmet financial need.
- Have not previously been nominated for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship.
For consideration as a nominee, you must stop by the Northeast Financial Aid Office. Information is available online at www.jackkentcookefoundation.org
DEADLINE: December 5, 2012
Lincoln Community Foundations for sophomore transfer students only
Information about all available scholarships can be found at www.lcf.org
Wayne State Presidential Transfer Scholarship for sophomores transfer students only
- Must be completing program requirements for an Associate Degree through Northeast
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
DEADLINE: February 1, 2013