Northeast Community College Code of Conduct for Financial Aid Professionals
An employee of the financial aid office at Northeast Community College is expected to maintain
exemplary standards of professional conduct in all aspects of carrying out his or her responsibilities.
This includes all dealings with any entities involved in any manner in student financial aid, regardless of
whether such entities are involved in a government sponsored, subsidized, or regulated activity. A
financial aid professional at Northeast Community College should:
- Refrain from taking any action for his or her personal benefit.
- Refrain from taking any action he or she believes is contrary to law, regulation, or the best interest of students and parents he or she serves.
- Ensure that the information he or she provides is accurate, unbiased, and does not reflect any preference arising from actual or potential personal gain.
- Be objective in making decisions and advising Northeast Community College regarding relationships with any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting anything of other than nominal value from any entity involved in the making, holding, consolidating or processing of any student loans.
- Disclose to Northeast Community College any involvement with or interest in any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
- Decline any financial benefit (including the chance to purchase stock) as compensation for consulting services, advisory council service, or otherwise advising lenders.
- Decline staffing offers from lenders/guarantors unless it relates to professional development or providing financial literacy workshop/materials. (Educational materials
must disclose sources of agency and financial support.)
All employees with student aid responsibilities will be trained annually on compliance with the Financial Aid Professionals Code of Conduct. Record of training agenda, date of training and a list of participants will be retained in the Financial Aid Director’s office.
Join the Northeast Community College Financial Aid Office as a fan!
Financial Aid Office