Simon Hall Fire Safety Information
Building Name: Simon Hall
Street Address: 801 East Benjamin Avenue
Year Built: 1971
Occupancy: Residence Hall
Capacity: 137 Beds
Type of Construction: Brick
FIRE ALARM SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
Fire Alarm Panel: SIMPLEX 4002
General Description: Simon Hall has a central fire alarm panel that also reports to a dialer that contacts college personnel. Simon Hall also has horns, strobes and pull stations in all common areas and hallways and other areas where it is required. The building also has external bells. Each living unit has local smoke detectors that signal but do not report to the central alarm panel.
Fire Alarm Testing and Inspection:
Fire Alarm systems are tested annually
SPRINKLER SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
Sprinkler System Description: Simon Hall is not a sprinklered building.
Sprinkler System Inspection:
Automatic sprinkler system is inspected annually
FIRE SUPPRESSION EQUIPMENT
Portable Fire Extinguishers: Fire extinguishers are located throughout the building as required.
Portable Fire Extinguisher Inspection: Fire extinguishers located in the residence halls are inspected annually
FIRE AND EVACUATION DRILLS
Fire drills are performed at least once per semester. Every on-campus housing resident is required to participate.
- All residents, staff and guests must exit the nearest fire emergency doors according to the evacuation maps located on each floor.
- Room doors must be closed.
- All residents of Simon Hall must exit to the South and meet at the south end of the parking lot.
- Resident Assistants and Residence Life staff will take roll call of each floor of the Residence Life facilities to assure all residents are evacuated, safe and without injury.
- Maintenance and campus security personnel will walk through the units to assure that all residents are out of the buildings in a timely and safe fashion.
- Maintenance personnel will shut off alarms and residents will be allowed to go back into the Residence Life facilities once the units have been declared safe.
- Any resident found in the units following the commencement of a fire drill will be assessed a fine.