Apartment Complex A Fire Safety Information
Building Name: Apartment Complex A
Street Address: 801 East Benjamin Avenue
Year Built: 1983
Type of Construction: Wood
FIRE ALARM SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
Fire Alarm Panel: N/A
General Description: Apartment A has local smoke detectors in the sleeping and cooking areas of each unit. The building does not have a central fire alarm system.
Fire Alarm Testing and Inspection:
Smoke detectors are tested annually
SPRINKLER SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
Sprinkler System Description: Apartment A is not a sprinklered building.
Sprinkler System Inspection: N/A
FIRE SUPPRESSION EQUIPMENT
Portable Fire Extinguishers: Fire extinguishers are located throughout the building as required.
Portable Fire Extinguisher Inspection: Fire extinguishers located in the apartments are inspected annually
FIRE AND EVACUATION DRILLS
- All residents, staff and guests must exit the nearest fire emergency doors according to the evacuation maps located on each floor.
- Room doors must be closed.
- All residents of Apartment A must exit and meet in the second parking lot to the East of the apartments
- Resident Assistants and Residence Life staff will take roll call of each floor of the Residence Life facilities to assure all residents are evacuated, safe and without injury.
- Maintenance and campus security personnel will walk through the units to assure that all residents are out of the buildings in a timely and safe fashion.
- Maintenance personnel will shut off alarms and residents will be allowed to go back into the Residence Life facilities once the units have been declared safe.
- Any resident found in the units following the commencement of a fire drill will be assessed a fine.