Hawks Booster Club
Constitution and Bylaws
ARTICLE I. NAME AND PURPOSE
Section 1. Name: The name of this organization shall be the Hawks Booster Club.
Section 2. Purpose: The purpose of the Hawks Booster Club shall be to raise and collect supplemental funds to support and promote Hawks athletics.
ARTICLE II. MEMBERSHIP
Any individual or corporation shall be eligible to become a member of the Hawks Booster Club by
ARTICLE III. BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND OFFICERS
Section 1. Board of Directors
The Board of Directors will consist of selected members including officers, coaches,
and sub-committee chair persons of the Hawks Booster Club.
Section 2. Officers
- A President and Vice President will be selected from the Board of Directors.
- The Northeast Athletic Director will serve as Treasurer and Chairman of the Board.
- The Northeast Athletic Director’s Secretary will serve as Secretary of the Board.
Section 3. Duties of Officers
- Call meetings when necessary.
- Conduct Board of Director meetings.
- Assist the President.
- Conduct Board of Director meetings when the President cannot attend.
- Keep the minutes of meetings.
- Handle correspondence.
- Disseminate Booster funds.
- Provide financial reports.
Section 4. Election of Officers
Election of officers will be held at the April Board meeting each year, with duties
becoming effective at this meeting.
Section 5. Selection of the Board of Directors
- Any member of the Hawks Booster Club is eligible to serve on the Board of
- New members of the Board of Directors are selected as needed.
- A Board member will continue to serve as long as he/she or the committee
- Final appointment will be made by a Board of Director’s majority vote.
Section 6. Terms of Officers
- President -- determined by Board of Director’s vote.
- Vice President -- determined by Board of Director’s vote.
- Secretary -- will always be the Athletic Director’s secretary.
- Treasurer -- will always be the Athletic Director.
ARTICLE IV. MEETINGS OF THE CLUB
Section 1. Board of Director meetings shall be held monthly or at the discretion of the
Section 2. Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order
- Approve Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Coaches’ Reports
- Committee Reports
- Previous Business
- New Business
Section 3. Quorum
A quorum shall consist of one representative from each of the subcommittees
plus the officers or a number equal to that of the officers and subcommittee
members with at least one officer present to conduct the meeting for a
total quorum of seven.
ARTICLE V. RULES OF ORDER
The business of this club shall be conducted according to Robert’s Rules of Order.
ARTICLE VI. AMENDMENTS
This Constitution may be amended by two-thirds vote of the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE VII. DATE OF EFFECT
This Constitution shall be effective immediately following its adoption by the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE VIII. SUB-COMMITTEES
Section 1. A chairperson shall be selected by members of the respective committees for the
purpose of reporting to the Board and to conduct meetings.
Section 2. All sub-committees are subject to the authority of the Board.
Section 3. The Hawks Booster Club shall include the following sub-committees:
- Membership - The Membership Committee is a standing committee of the Board.
It is charged with the task of monitoring and maintaining the membership role of
the Hawks Booster Club. The committee is responsible for organizing and
conducting all membership drives. The committee shall meet at least twice a
year and shall be responsible for an annual membership report to the Board at the
- Fund Raising - The Fund Raising Committee is a standing committee of the
Board. It is charged with the task of monitoring all ongoing fund raising
activities of the Board and making recommendations for new methods of raising
proceeds. The committee shall meet no less than twice a year and shall present
an annual fund raising report to the Board at the July meeting.
- Special Events - The Special Events Committee is an ad-hoc committee that is
called into action by the Board when the Board votes to host or conduct a project
classified as a special event. The committee is charged with organizing all
essential details of a particular event and is authorized to conduct the business of
the Board with regard to the special event.