Mission, Vision, and Values
Northeast Community College provides comprehensive, lifelong, learning-centered educational
opportunities and services to meet the diverse needs of our public.
In our vision of education in the 21st century, we see a network of Communities of
- composed of lifelong learners,
- offering comprehensive and interactive educational programs and services,
- delivered by a quality faculty and staff, and
- supported by effective services.
We value LIFELONG LEARNING... Northeast Community College values the concept of
lifelong learning that:
- Is conducted in a student-centered institution in a learning environment.
- Incorporates technology in an interactive environment.
- Is accessible through delivery of programs, courses, and continuing education offerings
throughout its service area by on-site and distance education methods.
- and appreciates the diversity of its student population.
We value our COLLEGE COMMUNITY ... Northeast Community College values the quality
of a college community that:
- Reflects professionalism exhibited by trust and mutual respect, dedication, and
- Possesses a high moral standard and ethical behavior.
- Encourages professional growth and recognizes excellence.
- Maintains a college-wide decision-making process and incorporates teamwork.
- Promotes a friendly, open environment.
- Encourages thinking outside the paradigm.
We value SERVICE ... Northeast Community College values service to its constituents
- Responds to educational and vocational needs wherever and whenever appropriate at
an affordable cost.
- Is guided by a locally-elected governing board who provides the leadership and support
for continued future development and growth.
- Contributes to the economic development of the region.
Northeast Community College's purpose is to provide:
- career education programs that develop knowledge and workforce skills;
- the first two years of an undergraduate curriculum so students may successfully
transfer to and perform at four-year colleges and universities;
- a general education program that promotes the development of basic knowledge and
- customized educational programs that meet personal and professional needs of individuals,
businesses, and industries;
- student support services and student life opportunities that promote social, personal,
and educational development;
- transitional learning opportunities that enable students to be successful in subsequent,
related college course work;
- resources and services that contribute to the intellectual and cultural life of
the community; and
- assistance to communities in furthering business, industry, community, and economic